Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a Waste!

This weekend Chris took the kids up to Utah to visit family, and bring back his little sister Sarah. I stayed to hopefully enjoy a nice weekend of peace and quiet. Of course I happened to get sick on Wednesday night from what I thought was food poisening. Come to find out I more than likely have contracted Giardia. I'm not 100% on this, but I will find out tomorrow at the doctors. My brother's dog had Giardia, and we believe gave it to Crew (who hasn't been feeling good either, and I thought just had a cold), and I ended up with this awful virus. So my lovely weekend was ruined, and I have just been lying around in my own misery. On the positive side, I have lost a few pounds!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, Shawn, I'm so sorry! It's never fun being sick, but it's even worse when you were planning a nice relaxing weekend. I hope you feel better soon!

Ali said...

oh my gosh you poor thing, I feel sooo bad for you! At least you got to rest and try to get better without the kids :(

Larzipan said...

aw man! That sucks! The whole time Chris was up here I was thinking that you were getting some R&R to pay him back for leaving you to go to Guatemala. Dang. Funny story though: We were up at the cabin and everyone was just milling around and eating breakfast and hanging out. Crew went up to my mom and wanted to have some of her cereal, so she calls out to chris and asks him if Crew had already eaten breakfast. Chris was being lazy and just chillin in the recliner and answered back... "I don't know... ask Shawn, she would know." We all laughed at the thought of my mom calling you in Arizona and asking you if Crew had had breakfast yet. What a goof!