Saturday, November 15, 2008

Winner Winner!

Last night I was driving home from Costco, and I noticed on my car radio (where the artist and song are usually displayed) it looked like this:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PHOOSON TIX @ 5:35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I looked at the clock and it was 5:35! *For those of you that don't know, Phooson is a concert that this radio station hold every year and it has tons of sweet artists at it.*
So I got my cell phone out and thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a try."
It was busy.... darn! So I hung up and tried just one more time.... ring!!
Guess who was caller 104, and won two tickets to PHOOSON!?!?!
Yes, that's right, it was me! I even got to listen to myself on the radio... I sounded so dumb! But this was the first time I've ever won anything, so I was really excited and shocked at the same time!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Yeah Shawn! That's exciting!

Anonymous said...

That is Awesome!!!!

Marta said...

ummm...okaaaaay.....I'm JEALOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about sounding dumb on the radio! My mom always wins things from the radiuo and she and I went to an acoustic Jason Mraz concert and the MIX 96.9 people that were there who put it on recorded some people saying "it's MY mix 96.9" and I was one of them so for like a whole year I heard myself say that on the radio and thought I sounded a bit silly! Doesn't your voice sound so weird when you hear it not coming from yourself?
-krystal

Michelle said...

That's so awesome Shawn! I never win anything. How cool is that though, your second call to get through and win. Congrats and enjoy!