Thursday, March 20, 2008

Please tip your server...


Well, I officially started serving tonight. It is harder than it looks believe it or not. I am still technically training, but I got a good taste of what it's like to be on your own on the floor serving. It was non-stop, and I found myself by the end of the night wanting to sit down with the customers and have a drink and some tostada chips with salsa! The hardest part so far is knowing what goes in the alcoholic beverages, and what goes on top of them as well (lime, orange, cherry, etc.) The other servers say it will come to me eventually though.

6 comments:

Marta said...

Hey, congrats on the new job! I didn't know you were back to work. I hope you're at least enjoying it a little, it can be really hard working with the public like that. My Chris used to work at Chili's, he still feels the need to remind me EVERY time we eat there!!! Congrats, and good luck!!!

Ali said...

wow! I had no clue that you were working there... I should have read this earlier then, lol! Once I'm off bed rest we'll have to come one night that you are working. I'll bet it's hard, but you're smart and I'm sure you will learn quick and be a great server... more servers should have personalities like yours! Good luck!

Lynsee said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know that you got the job. I'll have to come and visit you at work sometime.

Becca said...

Congrats! It will be fun.

Larzipan said...

Make sure when they say virgin... it's a virgin :)

Catherine said...

You would be proud of me, Shawn. Last time, we ate at Chile's, we tipped the waitor 5 bucks! And our dinner only cost $12. He was such a good waitor though! He deserved it! It felt good to make his day! I hope your customers are treating you good!