Sunday, July 13, 2008

30 Years and More

A few weekends ago my sister, sister-in-law, and I threw a surprise 30th Anniversary party for my Mom and Dad. They had no idea! It was so great. All of my dad's family drove in from California and my mom's sister came too! I prepared a video montage of them from childhood till now and there wasn't a dry eye in the room! My sister-in-law also wrote this wonderful poem, it was funny and cute and also a tear jerker! I am just so amazed at how much love my parents still have for eachother after 30 years. I look up to them in so many ways, and I just know that if Chris and I can have one tenth of the love they share, we will be happy forever!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

30 years! That is great, Shawn! A great witness to how marriage should be. I know it was an exciting time for you all! My mom and dad just celebrated 25 years and finally went on their honeymoon...a hawaiian cruise!