Thursday, July 31, 2008

Motherly Insticts

I took Kaylee to the last "Summer Movie Fun" day today. It was Wallace and Grommet (cute movie). When the movie ended Kaylee and I got up (Crew was with Andrea, he's not well behaved in the movies anymore), we were walking toward the exit and a boy that was probably about 7 or 8 came running into the movie theater. Kaylee was slightly behind me, so I turned to grab her and get her out of his way, but just as I turned around, BAM! He hit Kaylee football tackle style! She went flying backwards (popcorn flying), and landed on her back! The boy paused, looked back and kept running away!! I was SHOCKED! I yelled, "Excuse ME!" (only thing I could think of), but he didn't turn around. I gathered Kaylee up, crying and all. I was so upset! I know accidents happen, but to not stop and say sorry, or help the little girl up? Who has taught this child manners? I waited outside the theater, ready to beat the living tar out of this child when he came out, I've never before felt so compelled to protect my child...but then I realized that probably wouldn't be the best example for Kaylee. So instead I just explained to her that his behavior was very rude, and that we were better than him.

2 comments:

Larzipan said...

probably not better than him, but for sure better than his mom!

Jamie Broderick Photography said...

What a little jerk! I always wonder about the parents too. Where are they, do they care? Poor Kaylee- hope she wasn 't hurt too bad. We miss you guys:)