Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Swim, Bike, Run

Well, I did it again! I finished my 5th Triathlon. This time the weather was great, the water was cold, and I was ready! Chris came along to take pictures and be my little cheering section. I crushed my best time by 10 min! And although I did great, I still feel like I could do better. So I am going to train harder for the next time. I even want to start doing these triathlons more frequently too.

You can see my head in the middle of the crowd. (Probably the only one looking at the camera)Chris got some good video of me on my bike, but not any good close ups of me riding. I got this one off the website from the company that took photos.

And here I am finishing! I ended up finishing in 10th for my age group, 96th for my gender, and 265th overall.
I finished with a best time of 1:47:44.8!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Okay, so I love the new look of your blog, bur more importantly, I am SO dang impressed you did a triathlon, 5 of them even! You rock, Shawn! Ever since I became a runner, I'm anxious to run more 5K and 10Ks in SLC, but I have only wondered how cool it would be to do a triathlon. I bet the training process is pretty intnese to prepare for it. How was the cold water? :) I heard that's the hardest part. Way to go!

Jamie Broderick Photography said...

You are incredible! My very favorite is the swimming picture. It's like where Waldo and when you find little Shawn she is smiling and looking right at ya! So fun. Don't raise too much cane in Vegas!