Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Vacay in Utah

This year I took the kids on a trip up to Utah to see several family members and old friends. Our first stop was in St. George. We spent a couple days with family; enjoying Becca's sister's pool, "So You Think You Can Dance" night, and Alan's birthday.


Here is Crew swimming, he's a regular fish.

Kaylee is my little dare-devil! She had no hesitation to jump right off of the cliff jump. Me on the other hand, it took me like 5 min. to get enough guts!



Kaylee and her fav cuz, Elyza... they get along so great!



Our next stop on our trip was to Wellsville to see my grandma and Keith. We went to the American West Heritage Center on Pioneer Day. The kids loved seeing all the animals, and riding the pony's.





At the Leishman Family Reunion. Keith, Aunt Dorretta, and Grandma (Yes, they are twins!)



Crew enjoying all the fun activities of the Reunion.



Playing on the slip-n-slide at Grandma's house. The water was ICE COLD!! Brave little kids!



Enjoying the warm weather, and cool pool (not to mention the ice cream treats!) The pools in Utah are amazing, why can't the pools in Arizona be as nice!?


We went bowling with the kids. They did great! I don't know if you can see, but Crew beat everyone with a score of 103! He obviously got some skills from his mom!



The kids watching as the ball moved slowly down the lane. So cute!



Leaving Grandma and Keith's house. Thanks again for such an amazing week!




I got the opportunity to visit with an old friend from Chris and my college ward from when we lived in Utah. I hadn't seen her since her baby shower for her little girl who is now nearly 4! It was great to see you Catherine! Good luck with the preschool! I know you'll do an amazing job!


Our next stop was visiting Jamie in Tooele! She and her family are doing great. She gave me a tour of her town, and it's just so beautiful... I can't wait to visit again!

Silly pictures!


Kaylee blowing her first bubble! She only needed a piece of gum so big it could barely fit in her mouth! Good job girl!!


Swimming in the Tooele City Pool, again... what a nice facility!! So jealous!!


Me and Kaylee enjoying the day!


Jamie took us to her dad's house where we got to ride a horse! The kids were so happy, and I even got to try it out. It was so fun!

Memory Grove Park in SLC, waiting with the kids while Jamie did her magic of photography for a bride to be. I tried with my little camera to take some cute shots.. these were all I could get.

Obviously Alayna knows how to do the cute "serious" pose. How cute are these two!?
We drove from Tooele back to St. George for another couple nights where we went swimming again...seriously what else is there to do? Then we made our way back to Phoenix. We had such great time on our trip, and thank you so much to everyone that let us crash with you, you know you are always welcome in our home too!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It was so sweet of you to come visit us! I can't believe how long it had been, but it sure didn't feel like 4 years. We just picked right back up from where we left and connected just like we used to. I love ya Shawn! You'll always be one I want to stay in touch with. :)