Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Horses, Forts, and Valentines

The past few days have been loads of fun! My beautiful sister invited me and the kids to the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show. Knowing how much my kids love horses, we couldn't pass that up! While we were there we enjoyed watching all the horses, crafts, ice cream, and family fun.

Kaylee and Crew got to paint a ceramic statue of a horse.

Kaylee took her time and made sure everything was done just right.Crew slathered on the paint because he just wanted to play with the horse as soon as possible. Crew's horse suffered a leg injury on the way home, but nothing a little glue couldn't fix! (thanks dad!)


One night I walked into Kaylee and Crew's room to find they had taken all of their blankets and hung them from the loft bed to make a fort. It was pretty sweet, but they had to come down so they could sleep (it's still a little chilly at night). I had some curtains that someone gave me awhile back and I had an idea....

Voila! Instant fort! Kaylee keeps it closed day and night. She loves it. Crew is a little jealous that his bed isn't so "fort-ish", so I have to think of something to go over his bed. I have some ideas... I'll post pics if it turns out.

Here is our little angel!

She's such a sweetie, and again, growing like a weed! She is starting to "coo and ahh " alot and it's just adorable! Crew tries to mimic her sounds all the time and says, "Mom, Emma just said 'Ahhh'!" Like I wasn't sitting right next to him and didn't hear her say it myself! So funny!

Oh, and not to brag, but my wonderful husband made me a delicious King Crab dinner for Valentines Day, and got me not one, but TWO dozen roses! Beautiful!!



Dog pile in the living room! Emma even got in on that action!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Forts are the best! I love the curtain idea. Seriously, I need to try it with my kids bunk bed (which I STILL haven't blogged about from Christmas...I'm a slacker or just too busy, maybe both.)

Emma is getting so big and is just gorgeous, Shawn!

MiNniiMousEe said...

Awww, the little baby girl is just the cutest i've seen. So adorable! God blessss :)