Friday, February 5, 2010

What are YOU doing??

We have been busy with life here.
Emma is growing at a rapid rate. I took her into the doctor at 7 weeks because I feared she might be getting a bad cold, only to find out that she is weighing in at a whopping 12 lbs. 9 oz! She's doing much better by the way. She loves to take baths and she always wakes up in the morning with a giggle and a smile. She's such a happy and content little girl. I think I am spoiling her cause I just love to hold and snuggle with her!
A few weeks ago we went to Scottsdale to the Train Park they have out there. It was really fun. The kids rode the carousel, and we all hopped on board the little train. Crew was in heaven! We also toured a train that President Roosevelt used to travel in. Pretty cool if you ask me! We want to do a train ride in Flagstaff one of these days and go to the Grand Canyon.

Just last week I threw a baby shower for one of my new friends in the ward, Kinslee. It was a surprise, so she had no idea when she walked in the door that everyone was there for her! It was a fun night, and I am happy to say she had her baby today and they are both doing great!

A few nights ago we went hiking as a family at the White Tank Mountains. Not too far from our house. It was a 2 mile hike, pretty easy, and there was a waterfall at the end! The kids had a great time. We are going to try and hike more of the trails they have at that park, see if we can hike them all!

Not the greatest picture of me, but I have to make one little comment. It has been 8 weeks since Emma was born, and I have officially worked off all my baby weight! Personal record! Now, I still have a goal to lose more weight, but I wanted to share how happy I am that I am on my way to a more healthy lifestyle! Love it!!

3 comments:

Spencer and Heather Riddle said...

Oh yeah well Eli weighs 15 lbs 5 oz. right now ;0) Crazy how much these two babies have grown. They will be a cute couple together! Emma is adorable by the way! Glad to see you are all doing well.

sara sue said...

gosh, I almost cried when I saw the first picture...I miss you guys so much! Good to know everyone's fine, I love you guys!

amber said...

wow that is amazing that you have already lost your weight. i imagine you don't have much time to eat so that helps i'm sure. enjoy your family!!!