Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Family Reunion Campout

This past weekend the whole Syphus family (minus Alan because he had to work) went camping on the North Timp Point of the Grand Canyon. It was incredible! Spencer just got home from his mission so we went to celebrate his return. The weather was very nice. Cold in the mornings and night but the day weather couldn't have been better! We did so much stuff. The first night we got there we just set up and ate dinner, then went to the look out point less than a mile away from camp site and watched the sunset. It was beautiful! We forgot to bring our camera to that unfortunately.


These are the creators of the Syphus Family. Doug and Wendy. Aren't they cute?


The un-married kids of the family... We're so glad you're back Spencer! It was like you weren't even gone... still the same old "Unky Spunky!"

Kaylee really enjoyed riding the 4 wheeler with dad and me. Unfortunately when we went for our ride I got lost with Amanda and Kaylee aboard. We ran through some mud and got so dirty. We finally made it back to camp after two unsuccessful attempts to find the right way.





Laura and Mr. Cooper, Tasha and Mr. Cash, and Ben and Mr. Cash



Cohen and Kaylee after they took an awesome ride on the rope swing that Jesse put up.


Doug and I took a bike ride on the Rainbow Rim Trail. It went up and down canyons and along side the rim of the Grand Canyon. It was pretty intense, but it was kind of fun. We only did 5 miles of the 14 because everyone else was just waiting on us to go see Point Sublime.

This was at Point Sublime. It took us two hours on a bumpy road. It was only 25 miles away from camp, and the trip made me car sick. But once we got to the look-out it was all worth it! Chris is such a poser, but he's totally cute!

Me and Crew standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon. It was super windy and I couldn't get my hair out of my face to get my picture taken. It was beautiful and so breath-taking. You could even see the Colorado River from where we were.

Isn't he just so cute!?

5 comments:

Marta said...

That trip looks awesome! I'm so bummed out that we never go do fun stuff like that! What beautiful views, and you guys now have some gorgeous pics!

Larzipan said...

oh man, that's one cute little guy you have! I'm so glad you guys came camping... that was such a blast!

Becca said...

Very nice pictures. I didn't get any near as good. It was way fun though.

russandkatie said...

Hey! I just saw your comment on my blog and I totally remember your husband! What are your cross streets? We live at 51st Ave and Olive. Send me an e-mail and we can for sure get together sometime. katieforsberg@cox.net

Brooke said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! This whole blogging world is just too small! (Boston (my son) is 7 mos). You have adorable kids as well! Take care!