Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Eggs!

This Easter was really fun. Our neighborhood prepared to have an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday down the whole street. We all put eggs filled with goodies in our front yard, and then at 9am we all went down the street and the kids went crazy! It was really fun, we pushed Crew in the stroller and Kaylee got a basket full of candy which she quickly inhaled about half the candy. (we have since put the candy in a safe spot out of her reach).


Sunday was fun too. At Church I tried desperately to instill in the minds of my Sunbeam class (they are 3 year olds for those of you who aren't familiar) that Easter is not about the Easter Bunny, but about Jesus being Resurrected. I think most of them grasped the idea, but probably forgot everything as soon as they walked out the door. Oh well, I tried.

After Church we went to my parents house for ANOTHER Easter egg hung (no wonder kids get confused!). We also had the classic ham and potatoes for dinner. I didn't take any pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits, but they were adorable... I am considering dressing them up again just to have some cute pictures... but that's alot of work...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I know, isn't it crazy that there's so much hype in these special days that are supposed to be about Jesus. The kids love the Easter bunny though and those fun Easter egg hunts! I can't believe how big Crew is. I mean he's not a baby anymore, Shawn! And Kaylee is just a little lady, so pretty and grown-up, except when she dangles princess heads from cords, then she's not so much a lady anymore! ;) Those were CLASSIC pictures! How funny!