Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trains, Birthdays, and Easter!

This past weekend was super busy, but packed with fun! We celebrated Crew's 3rd birthday a little early because we knew Chris would be in town. We drove up to Williams, AZ and boarded the Grand Canyon Railroad, and traveled to the Grand Canyon! As you can tell, it was a little chilly, but it was so beautiful! There was snow on the ground and you know the kids loved that!
Here we all are, Emma is hiding under my nice and warm vest!

Yes, the edge of the canyon is right there! This man behind me was like, "You are one brave mom!" No, my kids are just nuts! We hiked a paved trail along the rim of the canyon, and there were several nice lookouts. You could see clear down to the bottom of the canyon. We saw the Colorado River, and a few lone houses down there.

This was on the train ride back. We all took a nice nap this time. It was a neat experience to do this, and we are going to go back during Christmas time to ride the Polar Express!

This isn't the actual train that pulled us, it's just an older looking engine that was back in Williams. The train that we rode was built back in the 1950's I believe. We got a history lesson on the way to the Grand Canyon, but I wasn't paying too much attention, I was looking out the window! hehe..
My dear friend Jaymie made these wonderful Thomas the Train cupcakes for Crew's birthday. They were amazing! She can create cupcakes for any occasion, you should check out her blog!

We got home the day before Easter, so we were able to spend Easter with my family. The kids loved searching for eggs, and eating candy of course! We also celebrated my birthday as well. It was a fun weekend, and we are so greatful for the Savior and for the Atonement. We are so blessed to have all that we do, and we are eternally greatful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Grand Canyon Railroad Pics.

I'm from Georgia and am planning a trip out there for 2013. The GCRR was the first Info Packet I got mailed to me.

This will be a once in a lifetime trip for me in honor of the BIG 53 that year.

By sharing your trip I can see what I have to look forward to.

Thanks again!