Monday, December 14, 2009

Emma Syphus

It started early in the morning... well, at least it was suppose to. I was to be induced on Wed, Dec. 9th at 6 am. I called at 5 am as instructed, only to find out that there were no empty beds for me. I waited, and finally gave up waiting around the house, so we headed to the mall. I got the call to come into the hospital at 1:30pm, and Chris, Wendy (MIL), and I rushed over to the hospital to have a baby!
They got me going right away. I got stuck at 4-5 cm for awhile, but they started moving me from one side to the other, and that seemed to work. At about 8:45pm they put me on my back, but only for 20 min. I was at 5-6 cm at this point, but I started to feel alot of pressure. After the 20 min they checked me again and still just a 6! The nurse turned me over on my side and WHAM! I started feeling ALOT of pressure! I couldn't last more than 3 contractions before I made her come back in. Chris thought I was crazy, seeing as I was just at a 6 like 10 min before. The nurse checked, and sure enough, I was at a 10 and ready to go! The doctor got there in 10 min, and in 3 easy pushes....
Emma Syphus was born!
December 9th 2009
10:06pm (Chris swears it was actually 10:04pm)
8lbs 9oz. 20.5 inches.
She has tons of cute blond hair, and just looks so much like her older sister Kaylee. Both Kaylee and Crew absolutely love her, and just want to hold her every chance they get. She is still working on the sleeping thing, she thinks you are suppose to be awake at night and sleep all day... we're working on it (for mom's sake)!!
Welcome to the family Emma!!

5 comments:

Larzipan said...

haha! She is such a cutie! I think she looks like Kaylee!

Catherine said...

Welcome to the world Emma! Yea! Shawn, she's perfect. I'm so happy for you and Chris. She does remind me a lot of Kaylee as a newborn. I hope delivery goes that fast for me when I finally have #3. Still not pregnant, but way baby hungry. So keep posting more adorable pics of Emma!

The Frosts said...

She's a cutie! congrats!

Stephanie said...

She's beautiful - just like big sister and Mama. Glad it went so well!

Ali said...

she is adorable! Love the name as well! She DOES look JUST like Kaylee!!! <3