Friday, April 27, 2007

Crew Beebe Syphus

The morning started off early... 3:30am to be exact. We got to the hospital and they set everything up as far as IV and blood testing and what not. Then at around 4:30 in the morning the nurse started me on my first set of gel to get my cervix nice and ready for delivery. I waited for an hour and then the nurse had me walk for an hour, and an hour after that the nurse came back in to check on my status. I started contracting and didn't need anymore gel. So at around 7 in the morning my doctor came in and broke my water. Ask Chris.. he thinks it was gross, I didn't really see anything.. After the water broke my doctor had to go deliver a baby c-section, so I had to wait until 9 in the morning to get my epidural. I finally got my epidural and I was on my way. They started pitocine shortly after and my contractions started to get harder (I didn't feel anything of course!). Want to know what Chris was doing this whole time?? Sleeping right next to me like normal! He was a good support though, I must admit he was always asking if I needed anything or how I was feeling, so that was nice. Back to the baby though- So from the time I got the epidural (around 9 am) till around 2 pm, the day was pretty uneventful. Only once did I throw up during the labor... much better that the last time with Kaylee. Wendy can attest to that! Towards that end according the monitor my contractions started to get really small. I thought it was because I had pushed my epidural button a whole bunch because I started to feel pain on my right side of my abdoman. So I figured that the contractions had got slower. I was like, Oh great! Now that have to up the petocine again and we have to start all over! When the nurse came in I told her what I thought, and she was like, well let me check to see how far along you are. And wouldn't you know it! I was at a 10! She said that when the baby gets lower the monitor doesn't pick up on the contractions as much. So she phoned for the doctor and he was there in no time. Three pushes later and there was Crew! The doctor handed the scissors to Chris to cut the cord and Chris was like, "No way!" So he handed them to my mom and my mom cut the cord! Here he is...







Here are the stats:
Weight: 8lbs, 4 oz
Height: 20 inches
Head: 14 cm (ouch)
Born: April 25th 2007 @ 2:17pm



















4 comments:

Becca said...

Very cute pictures. Looks like everything went really well. Congrats.

Larzipan said...

give him kisses for me, he looks adorable! maybe Chris was sleeping so he could take the night shifts with the baby?

Ash said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

nice c--k and b---s