Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was yesterday, and I have to say it was probably one of the best birthday's that I have had in a long long time! I got to celebrate it with my friends on Friday night and my family on Saturday night!

Friday night we went to dinner at The White Chocolate Grill out in Scottsdale. It was sooo good. The food was amazing, and the place was so fancy! I was able to go with my other friend Rachel whose birthday also happened to be yesterday! We went with Camille and her husband, and also my neighbors Chad and Lisa. After dinner we went back to Rachel's house and had the best coconut cake I have ever had in my life. (You need to get me that recepie Rachel!)

On Saturday my family and I went to a quick mexican dinner (my fave), at Caramba's, then we went and rode Go Karts! It was seriously so much fun! Chris of course kicked everyone's trash, but on the first race I had the second fastest average, and the third fastest lap time! Go me! The second race my dad decided to go and he started out right behind me. He was on my tail for almost two laps when we were going around a tight corner and he clipped the back of my go-kart and sent me crashing into the wall. My ankle slammed into the frame of the go-kart and I could hear my back and neck pop in two different places (I'm ok now, my ankle hurts a little though). But yea, my dad beat me that time. I got some really nice stuff for my birthday too. I got some money, a nice decorative plate, and a flat iron. With some of the money I went out and bought a foot massager (it will be so nice for after work). Thanks to everyone who made my birthday a special day for me! I love ya!

4 comments:

Marta said...

Happy Birthday! One year older and wiser too!!
Glad you guys were able to get out and do something fun. Sounds like a blast. You're lucky you didn't break anything at the races...I see where you get your competitiveness from!!
haha
Happy Birthday!

Rachel said...

I didn't see you list that awesome plant that Camille and I gave you on your list of cool presents. Thanks for celelbrating together. We had a good time.

Larzipan said...

I forget that we are only the same age for just a few months! Happy Birthday! You are such a great person to have in our family! After the camp-out at whitney pockets, Kevin (Jesse's dad), came up to me and told me how much he liked your personality and your stories. He told me that he liked that you were still up-beat and positive even though my brothers were being dorks. So thanks Shawn, we're lucky to have you!

Catherine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN! Did you get my card in the mail with all the money I sent you for your birthday? You didn't? What's up with the mail system these days?! ;) haha just kidding. So glad you had a blast for your special day! Love ya!