Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Man Eating Plant


Sorry I didn't mention this in my previous post, but my good friends Rachel, and Camille pulled together and got me this plant for my birthday. It's a crazy looking plant, and I assume they got it for me because I am a little crazy at times. I don't even know what it's called, it's some strange name I can't pronounce, so I forgot. It's pink so it's cute. But the thing is so sharp and pointy I can't touch it! I have to keep it up high so my kids don't try and touch it either... It's leaning to one side where the main flower is coming out, and it's fallen over twice already. Pray that this plant will last long, because I know I can't take care of it like it needs!

2 comments:

Camille Bassett said...

Yes Shawn thats exactly why we got it
It represents your personality. Cute!, leaning to one side, sharp to the touch and could collapse at any moment. Over all exotic. Seriously we could have Rachel take over caring for it cause she has a green thumb and you could visit it when ever you like. And I will just get you some jewelry when the second pay check for this month comes.
But we sure do love you to death. Other wise we wouldn't buy you presents that drive you nuts.

Rachel said...

Its called a bromelaid. Now that you know you can search it on the web and find out how to care for it, so that next birthday you can look at it and say, wow I kept it alive for a whole year, and gee, my friends must love me. You'll do fine.

BTW.. that stick is to help hold it up, rearrange if needed.