Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I made bread!

I am so excited! I learned how to make bread! I even ground my own wheat to make whole wheat bread! I mostly watched how to make the bread, but I did get to form the loaf before it was set to rise and then bake. We learned how to make the bread with a bread machine and also with a bosch. The bread machine makes one loaf at a time, and the bosch makes 5! So I ended up being able to take home two loaves! This is a picture of my hand grinder on the right and Lynsee's electric bosch grinder on the left... her's works a little faster than mine...
I also got to spend time with Kara, who I didn't really know that well before-hand... she's really cool! Here's a picture of Kara and Crystalynn(the one who is teaching us) looking at the loaf in the bread machine.
Oh, and a special thanks to Wendy (my mother-in-law) who gave me my own hand wheat grinder(a long time ago), now I can get some muscles and make bread at the same time! The grinder is awesome, and it works great! And to top it off, the bread is soooo yummy! I have already eaten my fare share of sandwhiches for the rest of the week!

1 comment:

Lynsee said...

Great pictures Shawn. I had fun that day. Also, just to let you know I'm totally not a rebel. I didn't skip a single day of high school. I'm a freak about following rules. I won't even cross the street if there isn't a cross walk. It's one of Sean's pet peeves.